Well today marks Peter's 38th week in the womb, actually it is 36 but they use this crazy system of calculating so formally it is 38. Whatever the case is, he is done and is now only getting bigger. I guess that is why I am a starving hound dog who can't get a bone. I never remember being this hungry in the last weeks with either of the girls, sad thing is that I can't just eat at will because of this blasted gestational diabetes. Oh well, I guess it will help me maintain a good weight.We arrived in Hong Kong where last week. I had not seen a doctor in 6 weeks, so I was ready to go have a chat with my OB. He is Indian, which in and of itself makes him interesting. He is also older and has lots of stories that he loves to share with me. I find him quite pleasant. He assures me that I can be all natural in my labor and delivery - let's hope it turns out that way. I will deliver at Adventist Hospital - the same place I had an appendectomy years ago and also where Matt had hernia repair done. We have really been pleased with the kindness shown by the nurses there and the hospital is super clean! Very Western.
So, since my OB is out of town until the 31st (would have been nice to know!) I saw one of his partners at another location. Turns out though that she doesn't deliver at Adventist, so if Peter comes early I will be stuck with someone I've never seen before. I did however meet a midwife at Adventist when I went to check it out. I think I would feel just fine letting the midwives take care of me.... which in essence means leave me alone. Anyway, the doctor I saw said my cervix was thinning and had begun to open, but she was confident I'd hold until my doc returns. Even though any time is fine with me, Matt and I both kind of hope he'll wait until after the 4th. One because Matt's mom will be here to help with the girls and #2 because it will be after Chinese New Year, making little Peter a rabbit like his Daddy. Aw, so sweet. If born before February 3, he will be Tiger like his Momma - Oh, no! Yes, this is a little silly banter we have going, but we do live in China, so it comes up often!
Gracie and Lola are excited about their little brother, although I am not sure how Lola will really handle the change. She is very attached to "her Momma" and I can imagine the fact of me giving a new baby so much attention will cause some controversy. Gracie is a my big girl now, I am sure she will be ever so helpful. Probably more helpful than I want her to be.Well, all is good. We are just enjoying HK's weather, playgrounds, and wonderful internet while we wait for little Peter James to make his debut. He is still not turned the exact way he needs to be, so please pray he'll get in the right position. I would love to enjoy a natural birth without too much drama this time if possible.