I went to Shanghai for my 20 week check-up yesterday. It was some day. I missed my plane, which was mostly my fault but also my driver's fault. I got confused about the time of my to Shanghai time and my return to Nanchang time and unfortunately I was about 20 minutes too late to catch my flight. It was partly my driver's fault because I asked him to come at 8:00 and he didn't show until 8:30, which means if he had come on time I would have probably made my flight by the skin of my teeth. But it's all good - I was able to get another ticket and arrived an hour after my original flight... but it cost me about $75 : (
Anyway, I got a taxi right off the airport bus and my driver actually knew where to go... miracle! I didn't get to eat lunch, but I made my appointment on time! I saw a midwife at Shanghai United and then a skilled ultrasound tech. To my very great surprise she informed me that our little Rachel is a boy. It was a little bit overwhelming. I was so excited to call and tell Matt. I lost some of my umf because my credit card wouldn't work so I had to first call Matt to call the credit card company... first thing he asked? "Well, did you find out for sure?" I put him off! Got the credit card working and then called him back. He just giggled with delight! It was awesome. As soon as he told Gracie I could hear howling in the background because she has "only wanted a boy" this whole time.
We have never been able to agree on a name for a boy, but after we knew little bit was definitely a boy it was like we all knew right away. Gracie has been calling the baby Peter for some time and I didn't really like it, but honestly all the other choices I had liked before just didn't sit well with me once I knew I was going to have a son. All of a sudden Peter James sounded like the name we should choose. I texted it to Matt a few minutes after we hung up and he called right back to say that was the very name he and Gracie had just chosen. So Peter James it is... at least for now. But I like it. Peter - the great apostle and James - the one Jesus loved. James was also my Dad's name. I am thinking I like the ring of PJ for a little boy too!
So, exciting times in the Owen's house. We are going to have a boy.